Job Title: Project Administrator
Location: Uxbridge, Middlesex
Hours: 30 hrs per week
Job type: Temporary (6 – 12 months contract)
Direct Report: Programme Manager
The role: The role of project administrator is integral to the success of our programmes. It will involve providing effective administration service to the team, the administration assistant will assist with project management duties. Such as stakeholder management, making appointments, preparing reports, Managing budgets, and expenditure, coordinating meetings, organising venues, planning projects, updating the project calendar, creating PowerPoint presentations, Keeping update on compliance regulations. Working closely with the Programme Manager to plan and deliver various projects.
- Provide effective administrative service to the team, planning and organising own work schedule to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the office.
- Produce reports and correspondence to a high specification including minutes of team/interagency meetings as required.
- Prepare and maintain cases and other records and files in accordance with the standards required by the Company.
- Input accurate and timely data into Computerised Record systems.
- Assist with project management duties through implementation stages to completion stage
- Prompting staff of critical dates of projects to assist in achieving performance targets.
- To be the central point of contact for service users, colleagues and other agencies on behalf of organisation.
- Effectively process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Provide an effective and efficient reception and telephone enquiry service to PWL users.
- Collate data to assist with the analysis and tracking of performance against targets.
- Operate office equipment and receive and transmit information using different modes of communication (photocopiers, faxes, scans, email).
- Receive and respond to supervision from line manager and participate in the appraisal process, identifying development needs.
- Respond to specific requests and requirement from funders.
- Participate in special project teams and in training events relevant to objectives,.
- To track and monitor performance against funders' targets as well as any additional internal targets set by PWL.
- Check submitted documentation for factual consistency and also for the quality of narrative reporting on client progress .
- Return reports that are incorrect to those who have submitted them and assist them with advice about how to correct them either for current or later claims
- Collate and store all records in accordance with project requirements and with due regard to the clients' rights to respect and confidentiality
Skills and Experience
- Effective communication skills at all levels, both face to face and on the telephone
- Confident in use of MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to use databases and enter data in an accurate and timely manner
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to compose routine correspondence and reports and to present all work in the appropriate format
- Ability to provide an effective service to a range of service users, including outside agencies
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff at all levels
- Flexible and responsive to change
- Ability to work under pressure and according to tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience in meeting and exceeding targets
- Highly motivated individual and Attention to detail
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main duties and responsibilities only. The post holder will need to be flexible in developing the role in conjunction with the line manager. The post holder may be asked to carry out any other delegated duty or task that is in line with their post.
Please email email@example.com with:
2. Covering letter outline how you meet the person specification (max. 1,000 words) to include:
a. what makes you a unique and memorable trainer/assessor
b. your main career goal
Please note: we are looking for an immediate starter who can hit the ground running